BrazilName: I am Tildo

Today we've all been mightily amused by the BrazilName website. Type in your real name and the site will tell you what your name would be if you played for Brazil (at soccer, my transatlantic friends). It even displays it on a Brazil shirt.

Even more amusing, you can type in different versions of your real name (with and without middle names, for example) to get a range of Brazil names. One particular work nickname, which I won't mention here, gave me the nearly-rude Brazil name 'Tildo'.


You may ask what this has to do with publishing and the media. File it under 'things that amuse journalists when they are supposed to be hitting their deadlines'...

2 comments:

Roy said...

Well, with just first and surname I am "Climo". With second name added I become "Roy Edwino". Not impressed by either of those I elongated my first name to Royston and got "Clinhona Da Costa". Now that's what I call a decent moniker.

Anonymous said...

My come up as Sarildo, which sounds like some kind of dodgy portmanteau. Not sure I like your website JD!