We got shortlipude

Our company had its annual awards bash/Christmas do earlier in the week, and quite an extravagant affair it was too.

At some point during the proceedings I appear to have texted my significant other with the informative message 'Ah we got shortlipude'. I'm attributing this to my mobile's dictionary not knowing the word 'shortlisted' rather than to the complementary complimentary champagne.

Incidentally, we were the only production desk in the company to be shortlisted for an award. Sadly, I think this says more about the awards that were on offer than it does about us.

4 comments:

The Vintagent said...

Google 'shortlipude'; has yer predictive texter invented a logism? What shall we decide it means? Having drunk too much cheap bubbly at a party?

JD (The Engine Room) said...

'Shortlipude' sounds like it should be a noun to me...

Apus said...

Not so sure of that JD; in the context it sounds to me like you wuz as shortlipude as a rat. And Vintagent, having sampled the company's champagne at previous Xmas bashes, I have to tell you that 'cheap' doesn't begin to describe it.

JD (The Engine Room) said...

So that would make the verb 'to shortlipue'? As opposed to 'to shortlypuke', which is another consequence of too much cheap fizz...